Last week I recommended 16 books I read in 2014, and later in the month I’m putting a list together of all the books I’ve read in my adult life! Today I wanted to share 21 books that I’m planning to read in the first quarter of 2015. I’m almost done with two books on this list, and even though I already read a lot, I want to read even more this year.
I’m usually always reading one “fun” book and one “career” book at the same time. I need the “fun” book to read at night to help me fall asleep. It’s usually a novel or memoir/biography. I just have to be in a story to get out of my own head to fall asleep (my brain never stops).
I’ve actually come to love fiction. I used to never read it (naively thinking it was a waste of time), but now I realize how valuable it is. I’m in awe of fiction writers — how do they come up with all of the details and twists in their stories!?! Amazes me. I’ve also heard that (and believe) that reading helps you become a better writer, and every time I read an interview of someone I look up to they always talk about how much they read. So not only do I enjoy reading, and feel like I’m always learning something — I also think it’s good for my work/career in some way.
These are 21 books I plan to read in the first quarter of 2015:
1. The Object of Beauty, by Steve Martin
3. Big Little Lies, by Liane Moriarty
4. The Interestings, Meg Wolitzer (currently reading)
5. Middlesex, by Jeffrey Eugenides
CAREER / BUSINESS
6. The Obstacle is the Way, by Ryan Holiday (currently reading)
7. Die Empty, by Todd Henry
8. Mastery, by Robert Greene
9. What I Learned Losing A Million Dollars, by Jim Paul and Brendan Moynihan
10. The Art of Learning, by Josh Waitzkin
11. The Accidental Creative, by Todd Henry