I’m going to to do a little project. I’d love for you to participate in the comments if you’d like to. There will be a follow-up post to come.
What are your habits? Daily and/or weekly.
What do you do almost every day or at least twice a week? Be honest.
Do you really go to the gym once a week? What do you actually eat consistently?
Whatever you list, make sure it’s been your habits during the past month or two.
My daily/weekly habits (besides things like showering, laundry, taking my contacts in and out, etc.):
1. Get up between 6:30 and 7:30 a.m. Either when my husband does or right after he leaves for work.
2. Drink coffee and eat toast.
3. Work. Blog work, check email, other freelance work, social media — twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and anything work/blog related.
4. Go for a bike ride or a long walk. Usually to get groceries, or run some sort of errand — post office, bank, etc.
5. Read books and magazines. (I read a book usually for an hour or so before I fall asleep, and I read magazines at the pool)
6. Go to the pool. This is obviously seasonal, but it is how I relax and attempt to keep my magazine stack in check and get some Vitamin D! Sometimes I bring a notebook and concept ideas or plan things out. I also use this time to catch up and do some social media.
7. Watch a little TV. The TV tends to be on a lot, but I’m usually on my computer, and I will look up to watch the news, some of the Olympics, and Project Runway — otherwise not a huge TV watcher.
8. Meet up with friends. Usually this is at some sort of event, and usually it’s in Georgetown (I live close to Georgetown so I tend to go to the events there).
9. Beauty Routine. I always wash my face at night, and lather on some One Love Organics Love Springs Eternal, and I use my Clarisonic (worth every penny) about every other day. Paint my nails once a week.
10. Fix Meals. I’m trying to enjoy cooking…
11. Eat some form of bread and cheese. Whether it’s a quesadilla or pizza, I love it and eat this combo constantly.
What do I wish was on this list but isn’t (because I don’t do it 2+ times a week consistently):
1. Go to yoga
2. Go on 5+ mile bike rides & do more outside activities. Get my Misty May on, ya know. Any DCers play sand volleyball and can I come?
4. Play the piano — I don’t have a piano, but I want one. So this one will depend on the piano factor.
5. Do something new each week — Try a new restaurant, hike a new trail, check out a new museum, etc. I do this about every other week, but I want it to be something that I do a lot more often.
These are a bit of a stretch but still:
6. See my niece, nephew, family & good friends (they live 1,000 miles away). Can I get a private jet up in here? Obviously geography plays the main factor in this, and it’s not possible to happen weekly, but every other month would be ideal. We do Skype and Facetime frequently though.
7. Go to the beach. Again, a geography issue. I used to live in Florida, and I went to the beach religiously. Usually twice a week. It was such a relaxing place for me to read and think. I got a lot of good ideas at the beach — but the pool will have to suffice.
Goal: Change habits to include more on my second list!
If you’d like to participate in this, I’d love for you to leave your current habits and what you wish was a consistent habit in the comments. We’ll talk about it again soon.
And just for fun — please tell me you’ve been to the site someecards? It’s hilarious! There is a perfect sarcastic e-card for just about anything on this site. The following went with the subject matter today: