A new year typically makes everyone reflect on what they’ve done in the past year, and think about what they plan to do in the coming year. Last year I called 2012 The Year of Getting Shit Done. That saying “getting shit done” turned into a column and a way of life for me commonly known now as GSD (#GSD on twitter).
My goals/resolutions/missions for 2013 are similar to 2012, but I now feel like I am in a much better place now than I was last year. I’m similarly motivated, but I feel like to did a lot of work in 2012 and I’m proud and happy about it. Last night — at a New Year’s Eve party no less — the host said she was so excited because so many of her friends (including herself) “teed up” some amazing things for themselves that will come into fruition in 2013 (like her golf analogy?). What she said hit home for me because that is exactly what I did in 2012. I told myself I was going to GSD and make things happen. It’s amazing what you can accomplish when you really set your mind to something. You really have to train your brain to change your behavior.
Reflecting on some amazing/fun things from 2012:
1. I saw The Black Keys, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Cirque du Soleil.
2. I spoke on a panel at ALT Summit (will be back again speaking this year in just a few weeks!).
3. I rebranded, designed and launched my new website/blog MegBiram.com and left MIMI+MEG behind.
4. I started the GSD column and Workshop.
5. I was featured in The Washington Post. Such an honor.
6. I did a BLOG BIZ BUZZ Seminar Tour around Texas.
7. I attended BlogFest, High Point Market, and Blogstar Supper.
8. I launched to & from with my co-founder (stay tuned for the Valentine’s Day issue coming up!).
9. I went to the beautiful Sonoma (top photo) for Mighty Summit & spent time in San Francisco with friends.
10. I expanded my consulting business.
11. I started two more business projects — both launching THIS MONTH — stay tuned!
12. I added some much needed items to my home (still working on this).
13. I celebrated 5 years of blogging and the launch of my new website.
I have a lot to do this year and I couldn’t be more excited about it! My resolutions/goals for 2013 will be coming up soon!
What were some of the best things that you did/happened to you in 2012?
Photo by Meg Biram